I was listening to an AMC earnings webcast yesterday and it made me think about something. There are lots of shareholders who can have a greater impact on the company success than they know.
Once you buy a share of a company, you are an owner of that company. As an owner, you should care about all things related to the business of course. Although you can not have a direct effect on everything, one thing that every shareholder can effect is the revenue. Shareholders can all be part of the sales team and revenue is the lifeblood of any company.
Here is a short list of simple ideas that I came up quickly. This is not about selling the stock or offering anyone financial advice, it’s about helping promote the company that you own in order to drive revenue.
- Go to the movies and encourage your friends and family to go too.
- Buy gift cards for yourself, family, friends, co-workers, etc.
- Post pictures of yourself at the movies on social media.
- Post links to purchase gift cards on social media.
- If you own a business, buy gift cards as perks for your employees and/or clients.
- Buy gift cards for a charity that can use them for good. (silent auctions, etc)
- Neighborhood activity prizes (bunko, poker games, etc.)
- Youth sports prizes, team building activities, etc
- Gift for teachers, mail carrier, etc.
- Be creative and come up with your own ideas that fit your situation.
The key to remember is that as a shareholder, think like an owner, get creative and have fun! Again, not financial advice here – just a concept to help the company you own grow.
You can make your own hat like I did too!